Produce 9: Berries 3: Raspberries

 Hey all,

I'm just getting to my old drafts posts (which were blank) for my produce facts. Right now I am writing produce facts 9 about raspberries, and it was a year ago I created this and the other future produce facts drafts! Sometimes I will save drafts that are blank so I can save my ideas for future blog posts.

Anyways! Raspberries! Raspberries, like many berries, are very good for you! I find they have a fragile shelf life when fresh though!

Raspberries are a type of antioxidant, making it a superfood! It has lots of nutrients in them! They also contain flavonoids, which have the same effects as antioxidants, making it even more powerful!

Raspberries have Vitamins C and E and beta carotene. These also act as antioxidants. 

They are low in calories and help the body detox from toxins especially ones called free radicals which can result from high fat, high sugar unhealthy foods and pollution.

Raspberries are high in fiber, and due to them having Vitamin C and E, it helps with brain power and helping elderly people remember things better as they age more.

Raspberries also help in heart health and prevent inflammation of the heart, which prevents heart disease. They also prevent obesity, blood pressure and cholesterol issues as well as preventing strokes.

They also help prevent type 2 diabetes, and prevent different cancers.

(source:  https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/283018#nutrition )

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts