Disney #5- I like Wish, but it's not Disney's best

 Hey all,

I recently saw Wish. I liked it but I didn't love it. I will tell you what worked for me and what didn't!

Wish wasn't Disney's best. A lot of people didn't really like it. I liked it. The best part of the movie for me was the music. The music felt like a big Broadway production's musical selection. There are a few that come to mind that were particularly good.

I loved Ariana DeBose in it! I also liked Dahlia which is one of Asha's friends. I liked Asha's grandfather too. I loved Chris Pine's voice work in it and his character was very handsome even though he's quite evil! I found the voice work was well done in some parts. The animation was pretty cool too and I laughed when the chickens were dancing.

What didn't work for me in Wish was a number of things. I wanted to love the talking goat but he was very annoying at times! I didn't really like the friend of Asha's that was constantly complaining. I felt the pacing was off. I still liked and enjoyed the movie, but some parts dragged and I felt like it was like a stuck door that needed to be oiled.

Some of the songs were really catchy and some of the songs that weren't my immediate faves were still fun! My fave songs are this wish, this wish reprise, and welcome to Rosas. Welcome to Rosas is the first song in the movie and the hook is really catchy and beautifully sung by Ariana DeBose! Even the villain song isn't terrible, but from the moment I first heard This Wish in the first Wish trailer, it was all over! It's a beautiful song.

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts