Disney #7 I like Fantasia 2000 more than the original

 When I was younger, I saw Fantasia 2000 as a kid. I always loved it. I especially loved the end segment, the Firebird Suite. It had stunning animation and was quite sad but also had a very happy ending. As an adult I watched the original Fantasia. However, I didn't really care much for it! Sure the animation was good, but I found it boring at times! As a kid, I was never bored by Fantasia 2000. I feel that people think Fantasia 2000 is the lesser Fantasia. Two of the best things from the original Fantasia are The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and A Night on Bald Mountain sequences.

I also find I know some of the compositions from Fantasia 2000 better. Everyone and their dog knows Pomp and Circumstance. It's a standard graduation theme. Rhapsody in Blue is familiar too. Beethoven's 5th Symphony is the opening sequence and Beethoven is pretty well known for his symphonies. The Sorcerer's Apprentice reappears in Fantasia 2000. 

Don't get me wrong, the animation in the original Fantasia is incredible, especially for its time. It's just that it doesn't hold my attention nearly as well as Fantasia 2000. Fantasia 2000 innovates in its animation as well. I feel that sometimes Fantasia 2000 isn't as popular as it should be.

I'm hoping someday there will be a third Fantasia. I'm not sure what it will be like because the first 2 Fantasias were 2D animation even if there were more digital 2D influences in Fantasia 2000. Most likely, if they do a third Fantasia, and I don't know if they ever would, it would be cgi/ 3D animation. I'm hoping if they do a third Fantasia someday, they should go back and do digital 2D animation like when they did that for Princess and the Frog. Here's hoping!

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts