Music Blog- Elton John Part 1: Reg Strikes Back

Hello all,

Man, I haven't updated this thing in forever, but as I usually promise, I will try to update it more often.

Anyways! Today's Post is part one in a series on Elton John.

I have always loved Elton John, even when I was watching the Lion King as a kid and would listen to his versions of the songs, on the movie's soundtrack.

I might as well tell you some things that I like about his music. While Elton's lyrics are Bernie Taupin's genius, Elton himself is a master composer, and their teamwork is just magnetic. Elton and Bernie have such musical chemistry. The songs that Elton sings are just so real. He can make even fantastic sounds that are bizarre sound believable.

I think that Elton's best album is Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, and my favorite album of his is Reg Strikes Back. Saturday night's alright for fighting is one of my fave classic Elton John songs. Also, a B-side on one of the special editions of GYBR is called Ho ho ho! (who'd be a turkey at Christmas) which is a dark song about Christmas that sounds upbeat. Some of the best songs are dark subjects sung happily.

Reg Strikes Back is my fave Elton John album, especially of the ones that I actually own the cds for, because so many of the songs just rock. Poor Cow is just excellent at portraying a dead-end marriage. "Mona Lisas" part 2" while not as good as the original, has a great jazzy feel. Japanese hands has a mystical and somewhat ethereal energy. Goodbye Marlon Brando is one of my fave Elton John songs. Since God invented Girls is great and so is Heavy Traffic. I don't listen to the other songs on the album as much as the ones I have mentioned but Reg Strikes Back has heavy play in my itunes.

Anyways, that's all for now!

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts