Update: Gardening/Curlyalicia: The Lettuce Regrowing Project/Attempting my Mom's cheesecake recipe

Hello all!

I have been meaning to write more here! I haven't gotten a chance to write any of my vampire novel since last year, but I have some projects on the go! (household projects that is!)

First is my annual gardening. I have quite a few seeds already plus the Cheerios/Veseys Save The Bees! free seeds. I implore you request free seeds and plant them for the bees as soon as the last frost is done and over with! Bees are endangered...plus we need them for all of our food sources! Not just honey! We need them to pollinate flowers that grow fruit, for instance!

One project that I am attempting for the first time is the regrowing of lettuce. I have two different things happening. One is a Boston Lettuce in water and one is a Living Boston Lettuce (roots intact) in soil with daily water. So far not much is happening but I think the regular Boston Lettuce might be doing something! I had a third lettuce which was a romaine heart in water but it went bad and i had to throw it out. My next project will be to try with a head of romaine to see if that makes a difference as romaine hearts probably are not as good!

________________________________________________________________________________

Food Projects!

I will be cooking with Cousa at some point! Cousa is a type of zucchini that is extremely popular in Middle Eastern cuisine! It breaks down even faster than yellow zucchini in terms of cooking and shelf life! I may attempt a stuffed one at some point but for now I am going to make a mini stir fry with it!

_________________________________________________________________________

My mother's cheesecake.

My mom is a great lady. She is my favorite person that has ever existed (besides the rest of my family!). She always made a cheesecake growing up that is a no-bake cherry cheesecake. I finally got the recipe from her and my cousin and now I am going to attempt it myself!

____________________________________________________________________________

More food projects!

I have recreated my aunt's zucchini soup (albeit with my own tweaks because i forgot the tomatoes and oregano!) and her chicken casserole as well! Next I am going to make a chicken noodle soup with rotini noodles!


That's all for now! Have a lovely Sunday!

Comments

Popular Posts