Update Nov 2, 2019

Hey all!

So I have been very lazy in writing on here. As usual, not active on deviantart!

The last time I wrote on my blog page was in January of this year, 2019. I have switched jobs in March 2019, from being a produce clerk to being a retail sales associate at a second hand store. It is min. wage, but I actually do make a little bit better money because I actually get 40 hours a week instead of 37.5 hours a week of pay. I get health, dental and eye benefits. There is even special food days!

Leaving my old work was hard. I thought I liked it there, but really, I was just fond of the memories of when I first started there. There were a lot of people who made it fun. But 2017 was when some of those people left, a new, boss started and quit in 2017,and my guinea pig Creamsicle passed away. It was then that it was no longer fun. Since 2017, I was stressed out there. I could argue there was some stress there pre 2017, but 2017 is when I truly felt trapped. I didn't feel like leaving because I was scared of what was out there in other jobs.

Come 2019, I sent out some resumes. Besides feeling stretched and trapped, I was also tired everyday. I do not drive so I take the bus. I would have to bus 45 mins to an hour each way. It was taking a toll on my energy levels.

At my new job, busing each way is 10 mins. I can often just take 1 bus now. Sometimes, I can bus to a bus terminal and walk the rest of the way! It is amazing.

Anyways, I have some ideas to post about soon!

Comments

Popular Posts