Stay at Home #1: The benefits of Animal Crossing

Hello all!

I'm having a weird day where I am indecisive on what I want to do for fun.

That being said, I am going to do some more blogging! I promised you all I would talk about Animal Crossing, particularly the one for the switch, and the mental health benefits of playing it.

I never actually had the gamecube game. I wanted it and would watch people play it. Fast foward to when Animal Crossing: New Leaf came out. I asked my mom to buy it because my friend at work told me about it and I knew my cousin was into Animal Crossing. It was sooo much fun. I only got a switch recently and I only have two games as of right now. I have been playing AC:NL for years and years. It is a very tranquil game. You have goals in the game, regardless of which Animal Crossing it is, but it's so chill. You can do things the way you want to. You shape your own safe and calm destiny. The worst that can happen is that your fave villager moves away, or you get bitten by tarantulas, pinched by scorpions, or stung by bees. You don't die when these things happen! You can heal your beesting (or wasp sting) with medicine from the shop, and most times when the evil trio of bugs get you, the worst that happens is you pass out and wake up outside your house.

It's really relaxing. The stakes are low and you don't have a deadline to pay back your debt to Tom Nook. The new game, Animal Crossing New Horizons for the Nintendo Switch knocks New Leaf out of the park by several miles. There is so much to do now. You can build cliffs and waterways, make pathways. The graphics are amazing and so is the music. I hope that they add in some of the NPCs from New Leaf like Reese, Cyrus, and Lief.

The recipes are fun to do, but there are so many it is almost a curse as much as it freshens the formula of traditional animal crossing games.

Because the game allows you to go at your own pace, it is calming for anxiety and depression. It helps to create goals and shape your island in NH the way you want to. Sure there are goals already laid out for you, but they are not mandatory. When I play NH, just as when I play NL, I feel so calm, and chill, and I am filled with hope and love.

Animal Crossing New Horizons and its calming affects are the hope we need right now during the pandemic. Right now, people are anxious, depressed, and upset. I am even more sensitive right now not just because of anxiety and uncertainty, but I am autistic. Animal Crossing is beneficial for me as a paranoid autistic person to calm down.

Anyways, that's it for now! This game is so much fun. I've already logged 55 hours since I got it. I got it the day it came out.

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts