April 5, 2020, An Update

Hello All,

This coronavirus business is really scary. Everytime I am on Facebook or browsing the news channels on my TV, I hear about all these deaths from coronavirus. It is important to not over saturate yourself with news because it will make you anxious and depressed.

I try to not check the news too much, but I am still curious. I allow myself 5-10 mins of news when I wake up, and then I allow 5-10 mins after lunchtime. I then, if the premier is giving an update, will watch that. Luckily I can stream it after it has aired, on youtube.

I then don't watch any news until the local evening broadcast, and after that, I don't want much news until Anderson Cooper comes on. I leave my Facebook open on my laptop when I am home in case anybody needs to contact me. I am trying not to share too many coronavirus news items. Even finding cute animals or memes not related to the pandemic is proving unfruitful.

I have been doing this thing on Facebook where at least once a day, I post something happy or a happy thought that has nothing to do with the pandemic. It's called the Happy Post.

Some days though, I have not done the Happy Post. It is sometimes hard to make a happy post when I get bored or listless. Everyone's routine is turned upside down. I'm autistic, so I need structure. Having this much freedom for my day, despite staying home, is not something I am used to. All my life, I was either getting up and going to school, university, or work. All the days are melding together.

It is so weird that one can be so bored when there are countless books to read, or video games to play, or shows to watch on the computer, or even youtube videos to watch! I guess it's just being housebound gives one cabin fever. Today looks like a nice day outside, so I can get fresh air on my deck hopefully!

Despite this, I'm trying to keep busy! Animal Crossing New Horizons is sooo much fun! I am going to make a separate post about the mental health benefits of this game, and even in the same post, maybe, Pokemon!

Hobbies are truly a lifesaver. If you don't have hobbies, now is the time to find one at home!

I've already finished at least 2 books during social distancing!

I've watched a whole season of Family guy in the last 2 weeks.

I created some quick doodles for fun.

I've been doing my sudoku book.

I have been colouring in colouring books.

This would be a good time for me, curlyalicia, to try and learn a little bit of a language!



Don't give up hope! I have been praying for the Earth's people to be healed and for this virus to go away. I know prayer is not for everyone, but you can also send your positive vibes too.


curlyalicia.

Comments

Popular Posts