An update nov 27 2020

 Hey all,

I've updated a tiny bit more on my facebook writer's page that promotes this blog than the blog itself but I haven't updated on here.

In the beginning of June 2020 I was brought back on for my thrift store job from the lockdown.

Pineapple turned 7 years old. She's my senior guinea pig and the older of my two guinea pigs I have had. She's very close right now to being 7.5 years old. I love Pineapple so much!

I got into some newer hobbies, which include tole painting and braiding yarn. I don't necessarily create anything with the yarn but the hand braiding is very calming.

I thought I was going to blog more but sometimes just trying to figure out what I want to write, I get writer's block.

Where I live, my city and my province were doing very well, and now we are having a second wave of COVID-19. I am very scared and my anxiety got higher so I used two out of four sick days I had a accrued this year for mental health days. If I don't use them by the end of dec (next month), I lose them as they don't transfer from year to year. I never really take mental health days. My work is what drives me. My identity lies in being a good worker. I have a float day today as well and I don't work weekends. I hope to be back Monday as I do not wish to take a leave of absence, I just wanted to take some time to decompress and de-stress while my province figures out what they are doing. 

I have good faith in my province's top doctor. I am doing some hobbies on my days off. I played a little bit of animal crossing recently and was hand braiding yarn. Last night, I listened to Christmas music and I worked on embellishing more of my grizabella sweater. I half-arsed the sweater when i cosplayed her last year so i was trying to complete the sweater to look more knobby, which included braiding in a second spindel of this semi expensive yarn that I had to look for more of. I say semi expensive because it it regularly 11 bucks at the arts and crafts store closest to me and they and their other locations in my city as well as Walmart didn't have the one I needed. I needed the exact colour and the exact brand and it wasn't that simple because it was a chunky yarn suitable for cable knitting or something a chunky blanket! My cousin was very helpful in finding one we could reach when I found out the store I was in carried it!


curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts