Marvel (MCU) Post #1- Why Black Panther is good for Diversity

Hi All!

I have some other things I will be posting about, but for now, I decided to write a little about Black Panther, the upcoming Marvel (MCU) movie.

I personally can't wait. I love Marvel as a comic book distributor and I love their movies. Age of Ultron was not as well received, but I personally liked it. The MCU is so cool. They have such a diverse cast.

That's what leads me to my main point. Black Panther is going to be fantastic. Not just because the MCU generally has more cohesive storytelling elements than the "DCU" but Black Panther will have a largely diverse cast. It will feature many POC actors. There have been POC superheroes in Marvel before (Falcon, War Machine) but Black Panther is going to hit a precedent  for Marvel, let alone superhero movies. It will be Marvel's first MCU film that solely focuses on a POC superhero (African-American specifically)  and the first MCU film to have a mostly POC/African American actors. It is great for diversity as many superheroes (Batman, Spiderman, Wonder Woman, Superman, etc.) debuted as Caucasian. Black Panther is one of my fave superheroes in the MCU ever since Civil War (Cap 3). I am excited for him to have his own movie. It won't just be action but it will have thought provoking politics because of the Wakanda stuff.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. I love it when there are diverse superheroes.

Curlyalicia.

Comments

Popular Posts