My Guinea Pigs + an update: January 26, 2018

Hello all! Before I get to the main part of this post, I just want to update you a little:

1. I have been thinking a lot about Creamsicle lately. I still miss her like crazy but I decided a few weeks ago and now made it public that I am going to eat an ice cream/creamsicle every Feb. 16, which was Creamsicle's birthday, in memory of my fat fuzzball baby <3

2. I have made an attempt or two in the past to make a page on FB for my writing and as a companion page to my blog. I am going to make a third attempt that will be permanent!

With that out of the way, here is a post about my Pineapple and my dearly beloved and missed Creamsicle!

I got my two guinea pigs in 2014 shortly after losing my Grampy. I still miss my Grampy and the pigs helped me to grieve him. They helped me deal with my depression and anxiety and even with just Pineapple around now, my life is still happy. Pineapple and Creamsicle were a Christmas present from my family. Pineapple is the oldest at 4.5 years, and Creamsicle was a late Christmas/ early Easter present because she didn't exist until feb. 16, 2014! We were waiting for a companion for Pineapple from the same animal rescue that Pineapple came from. Finally Creamsicle was hatched! In March, exactly one month old, I picked Creamsicle. There were three female babies to choose from. Two looked similar to each other, brown and roan in colour. I saw the third one, an orange and white one, and even when I wasn't completely locked on a name for her, I knew she was the right one because she reminded me of a Creamsicle and I knew in the end she would probably be called that. Creamsicle's middle name is Clementine because I almost named her that and I love little oranges. Pineapple's middle name is Zibbles because that was her name at the rescue.

Creamsicle as I mentioned in her memorial post, had the cutest eyes. She sometimes bugged out her eyes or looked cross eyed especially when she was happy or inquisitive. I often said she looked like she had eyeliner or her mascara/ makeup done up because she had really unique eyes. She was so cute. I find the majority of guinea pigs to be as cute as kittens and puppies, but Creamsicle seemed to be extra cute! She was quite fat and Pineapple and her loved to eat! But Creamsicle would barge in and eat Pineapple's food too! Despite her chubbiness, she was never really a dangerous weight as I weighed them every few months.

Pineapple is a roan-brown and roan/rusty brownish orange with a small white patch on her bum. Creamsicle's white on her bum made her look like she was wearing pj pants! Anyways! Pineapple was named after my favorite fruit. I work with produce and even with me being an apple and citrus nerd, Pineapples are still in my top 5. I work with pineapples quite frequently. When I got Pineapple, I wasn't working with produce then, but I still knew I liked pineapples because they were sweet and tangy. Pineapple's orange parts of her fur reminded me of a pineapple as well as her cowlick on her head! Pineapple now that I think of it is sweet and tangy because she is lovely but is also tangy because she can be a bit of a cranky bum! Whenever Pineapple and Creamsicle were together, Pineapple would a few times a week "rumble strut" which is a wiggly walk that a guinea pig does when it is trying to establish dominance, as well as head raising. They never once hurt each other.

When Creamsicle was alive, Pineapple would get on top of the barn, which is a barn-shaped pigloo so to speak, whenever it was time to be fed. My mom and I guessed Pineapple wanted to be first for food! (Remember, Creamsicle would eat all the food!) Pineapple doesn't do that anymore, but she does tell me off when she wants food! Creamsicle did most of the talking when it was the two of them, save for when Pineapple rumble strutted, saying "hmmmmmm!" or making a nervous purr everytime I played certain Nicki Minaj songs, such as "beez in the trap". She hates Nicki Minaj!

Pineapple is a funny girl because almost every time I go to do her toenails, she pees on me in protest. Of all four pigs that I have known, she is the most finicky about having her nails done. My Creamsicle was modest about it, and Frannie and Zooey, my Goddaughters (they are pig Goddaughters! ) are usually chill about it, except one of them is a little finicky about it now too.

Before I end this post, one more story! The day I got Creamsicle, we all wanted to go into the department/grocery store, which meant that no one would be in the car watching Creamsicle. Well, I had a small cloth pet carrying bag with me, so I placed Creamsicle with her screen in the shopping cart as we browsed! Needless to say, Creamsicle hated the shopping experience so she never did go back! I have given her and Pineapple lots of floor time but they wouldn't really do anything. They just would sit there chilling. Pineapple now tries to explore a little. When I first got her, prior to the move, Pineapple would scurry along my bedroom floor and I would and still occasionally do put her on  my back and gently and slowly move around like a donkey. For some reason she has always liked this!

Anyways, that's all now!

Thanks!

Curlyalicia.

Comments

Popular Posts