A Post Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Hey peeps!

It's curlyalicia.

I've been laid off due to the covid-19 pandemic and I just want to talk to you about the coronavirus.

Please listen to what health officials are saying.

Please listen to what your gov. officials are saying (unless it's Trump, he's not taking this seriously at all!)

I am sequestered to my apartment unit. I can't really leave even my unit unless it is absolutely necessary.

I do not have covid-19, I just don't want it and I esp. do not want to pass it on to my family, many whom are older and/or have immune system deficiencies. I am doing my part.

It is a scary time for the whole world. Many people have died and it seems like the movie Contagion is real. I saw that movie twice in theatres. It is a good movie but it is scary that the Contagion movie is happening in real life!

My part of the country is doing a really good job at addressing the virus. Even my country's leader is doing a great job. In the next provincial election, I will have to vote for my premier, whom I never really cared for previously, but he is doing a really good job right now of handling the virus and I am so impressed with him.

Despite being sequestered, I am looking at this with a positive lens. Wuhan is doing way better than ever, which is hope for flattening the curve worldwide. We can choose how we react to things, esp. with the virus. Emotions do run high for this type of thing, but we can choose how to express our emotions regarding it. We may be anxious or depressed or angry, but we can choose how to express those emotions and states of mind in ways that aren't going to be damaging to ourselves.

On this positive note, I am almost finished a painting I started over 10 years ago of Thomas the Tank Engine. I am not as good at painting as I am working with graphite pencil. I usually do not work in colour except for when it is not painting. I am getting back into a lot of hobbies and I have started and finished a few books!

I have slightly moved things around in my living room. Nothing too drastic, just returning my dining room table over to the window, which was moved in the first place because I put the Christmas tree over there months ago and never returned the table back once I took down the tree in January. There is more room now overall.

Keep having hope, do your hobbies, unplug from the news every once in awhile, pray to God or any higher power, if you believe in one.

God Bless,

curlyalicia.

Comments

Popular Posts