curlyalicia at the movies: addams family 2

 Hello all!

I'm starting a new kind of series on this blog where I go over my thoughts and feelings over movies I have seen! I will do this for movies not in theatres too like older movies, tv shows, anime, etc. Today in this post I want to cover Addams family 2 (2021). This is the sequel in the cgi series of movies.

Like the first cgi Addams family movie, this one did not get good reviews, esp. on rotten tomatoes. I liked the first one. It was cute even if it was gimmicky. I have a weird relationship with cgi movies if they are not Disney or Pixar because I find if The Mouse didn't make it, then they are usually gimmicky. The second Addams family movie is really gimmicky as well, but I really liked it! In fact, I liked it better than the first CGI Addams Family! I thought it was really funny and cute too.

Wallace Shawn does appear as a character in this movie. His character looks like a cgi character he would voice. I told my cousin whom I saw the movie with that his character looked like the toy repairman from Toy Story 2/the pixar shorts and she totally agreed!

There are some fun dynamics in the movie. My cousin doesn't like how the CGI movies handle Wednesday Addams much at all but I like how existential she gets and how the dark humour plays against some of the cuter and lighter points, esp. in the sequel. These Addams family movies aren't Disney, Pixar or even Dreamworks caliber but I really enjoy them. My fave character in these is Uncle Fester. Nick Kroll does an amazing job of voicing him and Kroll has really done well to be a voice actor in animated movies. My cousin is a fan of Kroll's work as well.

A highlight of these movies are Oscar Issac's Gomez. My cousin and I hope someday Oscar Issac can play Gomez in a live action Addams Family. Gomez in these movies really cares about his children. His devotion to Wednesday in the sequel is really heartwarming.

curlyalicia

 

Comments

Popular Posts