Christmas in the Country: Why I decided to go back home for Xmas every year lately

 Hey all,

I had this post in drafts for awhile but am just working on actually writing it now. I had my second paid week off this year during the week of christmas so I actually got to spend a whole week with my mom!

It used to be that I would, since moving to the city, one year I would spend xmas with my cousins and then the next year I would alternate and go to my mom's for xmas. Around 2015-2016, though, I realized that every xmas I would go down to my mom's. My mom is usually by herself at xmas as my sister passed away 10 years ago this coming March. My mom is lonely at xmas and I love my mom. She is my favorite person in the whole world. I decided then that I would come down every year for xmas!

We have our xmas dinner and on dec 24 we usually have freezer aisle chinese food as part of our xmas eve dinner! I had extra time with my mom so I really enjoyed having more time with her. I don't always get down to visit my mom as much as I used to but I talk to her everyday on the phone and now she has a webcam on her new computer so we can do video chats on facebook! 

I had a lovely time with my mom. I brought Bebe and Hashbrown with me. I took lots of pictures of the guinea pigs, Cinnamon the cat, my mom's dog. I took lots of pics of the birds in her yard too! We got the cardinals coming quite a bit. They showed up almost everyday and even on Xmas! My mom gave me a lot of thoughtful presents esp. the groceries. <3


curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts