Why I love Dollarama

Note: A lot of the prices in this Dollarama post might be old now since inflation and the introduction of the $5 price point in Dollarama in 2022. 


Dollarama is one of my favorite stores. There are many reasons why of course. Some of them are for cool finds in the toy section, but there are greater reasons why. It's a great place for groceries and household supplies! I also like the arts and crafts section there!

I find that sometimes things are cheaper at the Dollarama than everywhere else. It's especially true if it's an item that isn't a usual thing they stock. For example, I got Real Techniques eyeshadow brushes four in a set for $4 and the same set retails over $20 new! Lysol spray, in the lemon scent is cheapest there versus other stores I go to too!

Dollarama isn't always cheaper though but for most things they seem to have good prices. Chocolate bars that are name brand are 87 cents. Pop/soda that is Pepsi brand owned it a dollar plus tax plus deposit. The sodas are usually at least 2 bucks for it in Walmart. These are 500ml bottles.

One of the things I like about the craft section are the tole paints. Lots of colours and they are cheap and you get nice sized bottles. Also good selection of craft items as well.

If you're geeky like me, they have trading cards. I collect Yugioh and Pokémon cards and mostly am buying Yugioh right now. I don't buy trading cards often but Dollarama has 30 cards for $4 for Yugioh and $2.50 for 3 nice Pokémon cards. They also sell Magic the Gathering cards but that's not really my thing. They also have a great buy on card pages. You get 8 double sided sheets for $1.25. It's cheaper to buy cards and card supplies there. That is just a small facet of Dollarama though.

There are sooo many cool household supplies, garden supplies and much more at Dollarama! I get my potting soil there and in the past have bought small flower boxes so I can have my apt garden!

A cool thing I have found at Dollarama are over the door hooks. They provide handy storage solutions in this and more! You can get locking lids and many more storage bins! There are storage baskets there that look like the Winners/Marshalls/Homesense ones and they are half the price! They come in mini versions too. 

Cleaning supplies besides what I mentioned about the price of my lemon Lysol, are a good idea there too. You can get Tide in the affordable line for $3.50-$4. There are a lot of different cleaning supplies there. They have their own brand of furniture polish and it is not bad for a random Dollarama brand. The cleaning aisles and kitchen aisles are my friend. They have 18-20 large freezer zip bags for $1.50 and they have some decent prices on their Hercules brand garbage bags.

There's a workout section from time to time that often is near the toy aisle. There are some cool things there like cool towels, sometimes a yoga towel which i have one for drying my hair because I have wild curly hair. They have kettle bells sometimes and other affordable workout stuff. It's a small section though and the variety is low or moderate depending on how much is on the shelf.

One of my favorite aisles in Dollarama besides the cleaning and organization aisles (as well as grocery) is the aisle or the aisles that have office supplies in. They have nice stationary and you can get a nice journal for half the price or more of any store including Walmart. In the past few years they have been stocking these journals that have prompts that they sell for $4 that are the EXACT ones at Staples retailing for a min. of $15!!! I'm a stationary lover and they have some cool markers in there from time to time.

Another aisle that I love is the bath/personal care aisle. They have affordable hair ties, especially thick ones because I need thick ones to keep my hair up in the summer, and a host of other things. They have these brushes for $2.50 that are Flexys brand that go through my hair like a a knife through hot butter to detangle. The brushes are a funny shape. They have 10 allergy pills a pack for $4. They have for $4 ish packs of 75 generic Tylenol and different small counts of ibuprofen (generic advil.) They also have these pain patches called Absorbine Jr. that are pricey everywhere else but for $2.50 you can get a pouch with 2 patches in them.

There are many more things I could mention about the Dollarama, but one thing is clear: I love Dollarama

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts