About Poetry and Writing

I haven't been writing as much whether it be my just for fun vampire novel or poetry. I'm in a vast artist's block! I might try to write some new poetry this week and/or put old poems on here.

Poetry and writing is something I am passionate about though. I don't even care if I'm the Stephen King of it. It's just so relaxing to do it. It is why I have my blog, it is why I sometimes journal.

A lot of people in high school hate poetry and they abhor the poetry unit of high school English. It was always my fave part of high school English.

I'm hoping to write more of my vampire novel though. I like what I have written in it so far. I just haven't had the motivation enough to continue writing it, but to be honest, I forget to do it every time, even when I'm in front of my laptop!

When I write poetry, it is free verse. I don't always rhyme with my poetry. I find some poems that rhyme sound contrived, to be honest!

I write for myself and myself alone. I would love to be published someday, novel wise, but I fear rejection, so I write just for fun.

My just for fun vampire novel centers around a human paranormal scientist named Marina and a vampire named Sebastien that quickly fall in love VERY early on in the book. I'm not far in as I mentioned but there is a vampire war about to happen. I fully intend for this to not be a stand alone novel and that it will span multiple books, when I can get off my ass figuratively and actually write!

There will be more poetry on my blog. I keep saying that but there will be I swear!

Writing is a passion of mine. I'm hoping to have more blog posts, esp. ones that are longer on here!

What kind of writing do you like to do?

Comments

Popular Posts