2 years on: I'm growing tired of this pandemic

 Hey all,

I'm pretty tired of this pandemic. I'm sure you are too! I'm tired of people dying, getting sick, tired of people being ignorant and not following covid protocols.

My mental health, as yours probably is has been like a roller coaster. I've found it hard to trust that people will do the right thing. I've had to really take my health seriously to protect both my health and my family's health as well. I'm hoping that someday the pandemic will die down, but there are sooo many variants and the whole thing is just too much somedays.

But you know what? We are in this together. We must be safe, and pay attention to our health, esp. our mental health, as the pandemic goes on. This is truly a wakeup call for us all. Life is too short and our bodies are a temple.

I have fought as you have for 2 years now to keep my family safe. I work in retail and I have had my nerves rattled by all the illness. It's been a tough time for everyone everywhere.

The bouts of anxiety I have had with high numbers have been tough. At some point I said I had enough of the anxiety and I decided I'm just going to be super careful like I have been and try to enjoy life because I'm tired of being stuck doing absolutely nothing. I never travel but sometimes I feel uneasy when I have to do grocery shopping. Sometimes people are coughing in stores and I run the other way when that happens. Hand sanitizer is very important. Health is important.

Just because I am growing tired of this pandemic, most notably the mental health effects of it, doesn't mean I won't keep fighting to keep myself and my family healthy as well as others. It's just that this is an event/issue that has defined our lives for 2 years. I don't want to be anxious esp. highly anxious. Luckily right now I have had a good pill change so now I am not highly anxious like I have been last year.

Stay safe, my family, my friends, my readers. Stay safe everyone,

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts