New year, more blogging!

 Hey all!

So it's January 16, 2022. I am late getting a post in for 2022. I am trying to blog more on this blog so that I can get out my thoughts and hopefully poetry as well!

As it is a New Year, have you made any resolutions or goals for the new year? Usually people give up a week or two into January. I have many goals I wish to work on.

One of them is obviously my goodreads challenge. The most books I ever read was 28 since doing goodreads challenges. I want to read a minimum of 30 books and then i will move my challenge up to 50 books. 

I'm also working on decluttering some books and comics and I read them. I realize i have too many books. Only decluttering books I've bought myself as I have books that were given to me that were not originally mine.

In 2022, I am going to work on my financial goals. I am autistic, have OCD, ADD and have depression and anxiety and I realize I spend out of an unhappiness with things at times. I have been discussing during my most recent therapy session that I realize I have a shopping addiction because the spending is like retail therapy. I'd really like to build up my accounts. It would make me really happy since I struggled really badly with spending in 2021. I think I am doing better already in 2022. Not just with money, but with my mental health too!

2021 wasn't really a bad year for me, but so much of it I was very sad because I lost Pineapple, my first pet and first guinea pig. I had a cat growing up and my mom's second cat (tech. my younger sister's cat, she passed away) is a senior cat now, but Pineapple was my first baby that was mine. When I lost Creamsicle I frigging lost it and I was sooo anxious all the time and was sooo irrational. When I lost Pineapple, I was doing alright despite being very sad, but then for much of 2021, I felt so sad, that I thought I was a bad pig mom because she was doing so well and then she was dying after being so well. What finally got me out of that mindset is when I spoke to my wonderful therapist, and told them that i felt bad because I feel like I did something wrong because Pineapple was doing so well but really, she was just super old and she had a wonderful long life. My therapist agreed with me and my logic that I fought against my sadness with and I've been able to heal very much so ever since. My shrink also gave me a wonderful pill change. I was way overdue for a pill change, esp with the meds that make me less angry. I'm feeling the best I have in months thanks to the tweaks they made to my meds.

Bebe and Hashbrown are being so cute lately. Their gotcha day for when I adopted them from my work friend is in March. Hashbrown turned 2 years old a few months ago and Bebe just turned 2 years old this month.

I hope you all stick to your new year's goals. Remember, don't make your goals too general or too specific. Too general goals won't happen and too specific will be unrealistic. The middle ground are small goals that have terms and conditions or a realistic timeline to achieve!


curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts