ACNH: A love story

 Hey!


So we all know how popular the new animal crossing is. ACNH or Animal Crossing New Horizons is. It is much beloved and is a very good and calming game. I've already touched on the game when it first came out as the COVID pandemic was really beginning and lockdowns were happening. I began a almost 3 month lay off period that was temporary because my province was in lockdown. 

ACNH was very calming to me when I was laid off. It was a positive experience. Nowadays I have burnout from trying to make my island nice looking and don't have enough ideas for my own island. It creates a tiny bit of sadness because I am jealous of other people's islands on Twitter, but 99% of it despite burnout is still calming. It is a cozy game. It makes me happy. Pokemon also makes me happy but this is about ACNH.

2021 was a difficult year for me mental health wise. I lost my oldest guinea pig, and first pet ever as an adult early on. My anxiety in the second half of 2021 was high. I did try to play animal crossing then and it helped me until I could get my pills changed by my shrink. The calming effects of ACNH are so good. Calm music, soft colours. It is an addicting kind of calm. I don't do ASMR but ACNH is my ASMR. It is soooo satisfying.

ACNH is a love story for me. I had played new leaf before and this game blew it out of the water. Happiness is turning on ACNH and just vibing. It is such a happy experience.

The love story of ACNH and me is still strong 2 years later. I don't have the Happy Home Paradise DLC but I might get it someday. The game is so chill. The only thing that isn't is when scorpions and tarantulas chase you, but that's a small price to pay for the type of calm this game exudes for me and everyone else in the ACNH community.

Because 2021 wasn't a good year for me and also the COVID pandemic as well amped up my anxiety, I got ACNH and it is one of my most played games on the switch. I don't have a lot of switch games but I would even argue it is my most played game ever. I have played on the switch, ACNH more than Pokemon sword!

The whole vibing aspect of the game is great. No bosses, no dying, just anything you want at your pace.

ACNH is a love story. Happily married and everything.

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts