Produce 4: Ambrosia Apples

 Ambrosia apples are my fave type of apple ever!

They are sweet and have some crunch to them!

I'm continuing my produce series here on my blog because when I first started it years ago (produce posts) it seemed to be some of my more popular posts. I worked produce for 3.5 years before moving on to working in a thrift store and I love learning about produce even though my passion lies elsewhere.

https://ambrosiaapples.ca/

The above link can tell you more about Ambrosia apples! They are popular in Canada. They were registered in 1993.

https://ambrosiaapples.ca/growing-ambrosia-2/

The Ambrosia apples grew a tree unexpectedly in British Columbia, Canada. They were named Ambrosia because they are so tasty they taste like food of the Gods. They weren't sure of the parentage at first.

Ambrosia apples are low acid. The parentage according to the wiki page for ambrosia apples might be starkling delicious x golden delicious as that was what the orchard had at the time especially near where the ambrosia tree first grew in the early 90s.

To me, ambrosia apples are up there with honeycrisp for being truly the best apple experience taste wise as well as texture wise! Ambrosia apples have such a great mellow sweet taste. Because they are low acid they are good for people who would like to eat apples but have stomach issues so they won't cause heart burn.

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts