Discovering I could be Ace (asexual spectrum)

 Hey all,

Obviously being ace is a spectrum. You can be ace and still have some sexual attraction. I have been pondering it for a few weeks now and although I do feel some sexual attraction, I do not want sex. I seek romance before sexual activity. I am turned off of sex. I do not want it. I wouldn't mind kissing and hugging but that's where it ends.

I'm not a very sexual person. I do like sexual humour. I have a dirty mind. I always thought to be asexual you had to be very much dead to any sexual attraction. I realized this year from being on twitter it's a spectrum. There are different types of asexuality. I'm not sure what I am yet but I think I might be demisexual in some ways because I don't feel attractions to people until I become closer to them.

I can acknowledge that different men are indeed hot and I become excited when I think about their hotness, but I can't imagine anything beyond their hotness. I draw blanks beyond that. 

I'm not devoid of sexuality or sexual attraction completely, but sex is not on my mind. I sometimes thought maybe I was aromantic too but i'm definitely happy about romance as I dream about stupid fantasy christmas hallmark romances. I am more about having romance and love without physical action being the centre or the focus.

I don't usually talk about sexual stuff online but I thought I should mention this because I always thought being ace meant something the same for all aces and I didn't know it was very nuanced and was part of a spectrum much like other sexualities.

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts