Decluttering 8: Letting go of emotional clutter

 Hey all,

I haven't done a decluttering post in a little while! Today is about emotional clutter. Not necessarily about physical emotional clutter, but beliefs about ourselves and our view toward the world. Not feeling grateful when really we do, just we are overwhelmed by day to day stuff.

If you have had a difficult life, and you don't even need to have an abusive upbringing to have a difficult life, you will be carrying emotional baggage. I'm not saying "suck it up buttercup", which is one of my least favorite sayings of all time. No, I'm talking about how sometimes we need to take a deep breath or two or three and clear the negativity from our life. I'm not talking about removing toxic people. I'm talking about a cleansing of our mind, soul spirit, etc. To recharge like a cordless phone or cell phone and feel refreshed. Sometimes we hold silly grudges or are mad about silly little things that have no bearing on now, tomorrow or even next month. Sometimes we are worried about how things will play out or how things could have played out. Keep ticking like a Timex! You got this!

Sometimes we have low self esteem or we have negative views towards ourselves. We are mad about things we didn't do in the past. Sometimes we can't seem to positively grieve someone we lost in our past. I know I've not been drawing as much since my Grampy passed 10 years ago. He taught me how to draw and encouraged me to draw. Sometimes we need to clear the air and try to make peace with our feelings. I know my Grampy would have wanted me to keep drawing even after he passed. I have drawn a little each year, but I've also not had many art ideas either. I'm hoping to change that! I love drawing and my Grampy will be proud of me if I continue to draw and make art!

A thing I do as a small ritual is I love candles from Bath and Body works. When I light a candle, it's in memory of people and pets I've lost, but it also is about the scent and the flame cleansing my apartment and my spirit. Don't worry, the candle that is lit is in a safe spot on my kitchen stove!

It's forgive but not forget. You're allowed to grieve. Make sure it's a healthy grieving process. It's not always about loss. Sometimes it's about our fears or regrets. Stay classy!

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts