Why The Simpsons is my favorite tv show

 Hey all,

I have a lot of tv shows I enjoy. The ones I enjoy the most are adult animation. My fave show of all time is The Simpsons. It has dipped in quality since the Classic Era of the show, but there are many seasons I like that are post Classic Era. I haven't seen every episode of The Simpsons but I have seen everything from the first 26 seasons. I had to catch up on a bunch of post season 20 episodes in the last few years.

Regardless of what season is on of The Simpsons, I love it. Season 20+ is when I find the show dips even more in quality, but season 30+ seems to have a second Golden Age so to speak. I haven't seen a lot of episodes season 30 onward but I have heard a lot of good things and the ones I have seen from the newer seasons are actually good for a show that has been on as long as The Simpsons.

Why is The Simpsons my favorite tv show though? I find it really funny. Even if a joke doesn't make me lmao, I at least chuckle or it tickles me in a way I find humorous. There are a lot of good jokes and it is a satire. I love satire. I have read Mad Magazine and have quite a few of them in my collection. The show speaks to whatever the current issues are at the time they air.

A lot of Simpsons jokes have become memes. They were funny in the context of the episode and they are funny in a screenshot as well. The show is a parody and often parodies itself. It isn't afraid to poke fun at itself and has great fun doing so. They can be irrelevant and respectful at the same time. Family guy had a similar feel early on, but quickly became a shock humour show. The Simpsons is a commentary about society and family values. It is a show about a family and how they relate to each other and the rest of their town, and the world! 

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts