Gratefulness: It is essential for joy

 Hello all,

Lately I have been having problems being sad and anxious and not myself. I realized I haven't been giving thanks in my heart for the things in my life. I mentioned before about keeping a grateful journal. I haven't written down anything in it for awhile. I plan to return to it because gratefulness begets happiness and joy. How can someone who is bitter bear fruit and be happy when their branches are dead? It's like the parable in The Bible or more than one about planting seeds/ growing fruit. Bitterness kills your crops and doesn't nurture joy and love. I believe in God and Jesus and consider myself closest to the religion of Christianity but I believe in things outside of Christianity so I consider myself a spiritual Christian.

In gardening, the way you grow new flowers and foster growth is by pruning dead leaves and flowers. When you chop out negativity and sow gratefulness, you grow new flowers. I have a friend at work who is currently away on family matters but she tells me now and again a zen and calm saying:

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds!

It is so true though! What we do with what we are given determines our outcome. We can be given lemons but if we are grateful, we can make lemonade!

Gratefulness is part of a happy heart. The negative complain, but the grateful rejoice!

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts