Thrift 5: The Dilemma of Being Plus sized

 Hey all,

I am plus sized. I'm not a 5X or anything. I can go in 2X or 3X depending on my shoulders, hips etc. I am considering a baby fat or a petite fat because I am plus sized and considered obese according to BMI but if you looked at me, you wouldn't think I was the size that I am. I love thrifting, but because I am plus sized and take a size 18 pants, jeans, shorts, etc, as well as XXL section stuff, there are not as many options. I work in a thrift store. My thrift store is a large chain and is in more than one country. My location I work at is the second biggest in the chain in Canada. But still, I have problems finding stuff in my home store because my size gets less rack room than say, a medium or even a large. There are so many options for size small shirts, but I only get a few bars of racks for XXL. Size 18 jeans are one bar usually, two if you're lucky!

To make matters worse, people who are smaller sizes are buying things over sized to wear. It would be ok if you are size small and tried to wear a size large shirt, but please please please, do not take away the XXL shirts if you are a size small! I already have a hard time finding things reasonably prized in my baby fat sizes, but it's even worse the bigger plus sizes you get. The smaller sizes already have lots of options. 

No one asks to be plus sized. I am plus sized and I'm trying to, somehow with baby steps, be healthy. I like food though a lot and I often have unhealthy things to eat. I just want to be able to buy the clothes that fit and someday will have more options when I lose some weight.

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts