Grocery shopping is a drag lately!

 Hey all,

I usually love grocery shopping because I love food! But lately it's just a drag and downright depressing! Food is getting expensive no matter if it is healthy or pure junk! And of course, wages stagnate everywhere esp. in minimum wage jobs so everything goes up but your pay!

In the past, I usually shop sales and reduced racks for some deals. It is especially true now! The state of world is vastly different from 4 years ago.

I'm trying to introduce more produce items into my diet since my mom had her heart attack. She still gets pooped out but she is doing well despite her heart attack a month ago. I used to eat quite a few veggies when my grampy was still alive but in the last few years I've gotten lazy and haven't been eating as many veggies. 

I've always loved Giant Tiger, as well as Dollarama, even for food items. Now they are precious resources for groceries because Sobeys and even Superstore are getting way out of hand with their prices! I find that the so-called "deals" aren't deals half the time!

This is a scary world we live in with the cost of living and inflation, in addition to rising rents and increased homelessness. I truly hope and pray that we can help those in poverty and who are homeless. The roaring 20's of the 2020s are not so roaring these days.

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts