Writers and Artists Block (AGAIN!!!)

 Hey all,

Once again, I have writer's and artist's block! I really want to write and to draw and paint but often, I find I don't actually act on my goals. I am actually terrible at completely goals. I usually have to do lists for housework, but my creative as well as financial goals are what I struggle with.

Obviously, on the art scene, I want to draw. You all know I don't draw as much since my Grampy passed in 2013. I drew a few things weeks ago that weren't terrible but I don't really have many art ideas.

It is the same with writing. I haven't written poetry in years and I've said, time and time again, I was going to write poetry and put some of it on here. I haven't really done that or written my just for fun novel in ages. On top of that, I have experienced brain fog for months.

It really sucks that I can't get my creative juices flowing. I want to create something decent and I can't think about what I want to draw or paint or write about. Hell, even on here I haven't been posting as much and I don't even post that much to begin with. My mental health has been wonky for months and 2024 has been a year of quite a few medication adjustments. I know once in a while you need to adjust meds but it's been hell trying to find the right combo. The brain fog has made it terrible to try and get stuff done on top of the executive dysfunction I sometimes get from being autistic. I'm hoping the brain fog goes away!

I'm supposing I should look up writing and art prompts to get my imagination running. I don't necessarily need grand ideas for drawing because I'm not in drawing for profit but for sheer fun and hobby stuff, but prompts would keep me focused!

curlyalicia


Comments

Popular Posts