Autistic: I hate weird sounds

 Hey all,

I'm not always sensitive to sounds or senses because I am an autistic person who loves foods, scents, music, etc. But there are some weird sounds I hate. Sudden loud sounds, sounds that are literal nails on the chalkboard, esp. the scene from Jaws with nails on the chalkboard. Sounds where there's a lot of running around in my apartment building. There is a list.

I cannot stand forks against a plate or a bowl or metal on metal. The sound makes my teeth hurt it is that bad.

Nails on a chalkboard or someone's hand squeaking against a desk type surface

People's shoes, esp. sneakers squeaking against a floor, ESPECIALLY when it is raining outside

kids running around my apartment building. I have a new neighbour and their toddler is running around multiple times a day

kids shrieking, screaming and crying. It hurts my ears, head, and makes me squeamish at times

pallets in a warehouse setting being dropped fast and hard on the floor

These are just a sample of sounds that make my brain unhappy!

curlyalicia


Comments

Popular Posts