Decluttering 9: Progress with Books

 Hey all,

I, in the last year, have decided to declutter some of my books and my comic books as well. I have made good progress. In the last 6-7 months I have decluttered at least 20-30 comic book issues I bought from work and read. I have also decluttered a bunch of books I bought dirt cheap. I've read quite a bit of them. There are some I decided to let go as they only cost 2 bucks and I lost interest in reading them.

You absolutely do not need to get rid of everything you own. It is, as Marie Kondo says, about what sparks joy. Sparking joy isn't just about what actually makes you happy, but is about useful, pragmatic items as well. You might not be in huge joy over a spatula but you use it all the time and that in itself makes you happy because you enjoy using it. You might not use mugs all the time but your mug collection makes you happy. I love mugs and I use them for hot chocolate as I have a machine I got as a gift for heating up and mixing hot chocolate mix and milk together. A lot of people tend to declutter mugs and a lot of decluttering videos/ books state it's the first thing you should declutter in the kitchen. I work in thrift and holy crap, the amount of mugs I and my other houseware stockers put out each day let alone each week is astounding!

With most things, even books, it is about small realistic goals. It is true about decluttering. I have certain books I will never declutter like my Twilight, Harry Potter, Murder she Baked, Redwall and Beautiful Creatures series, just to name some of my ride or die collections.

Books make me happy but having too many of them even when there are places to store the books on bookshelves can have the opposite effect. I'm hoping to declutter some more books once i read them.

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts