For the love of reading

 I love reading. I have always loved reading. When I was a toddler, I was always reading the dictionary! I was reading a lot of books in elementary school. I was already reading chapter books in grade 2! Reading is a passion of mine and I use the library a lot to get reading material!

As a book lover and an avid reader, I often bought a lot of books, esp. at the thrift store I work at. I realize now it saves money to read it from the library. I have donated books I bought at work back to work. Some I've read, some I haven't.

My fave genres are non-fiction and young adult. I like young adult fantasy and non-fiction I like memoirs as well as health self help, and minimalism/ declutter books! I also love cozy mysteries and I also read Agatha Christie as well!

There have been times though when I haven't been reading as much due to depression. But, reading is great for depression and is a great de stressor! It also helps nourish your brain, even if it's fiction!

I am on goodreads. I'm curlyalicia teurdthistle on there or something to that effect! I would love to make some new goodreads friends! https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/41880705-curlyalicia-teurdthistle

When I read, it is relaxing and is a form of meditation. I feel my breathing becoming calmer as though I was meditating!

It's a great thing to read. Not everyone is into it and that is ok. I can't imagine myself not reading though!

If you want to start reading books, it is never too late to start. Find your niche or genre or whatever topic you want to read about.

curlyalicia


Comments

Popular Posts