I'm a weeb and I don't have any shame!

 Hey all,

I don't know if you know this, but I'm a weeb and I don't have any shame! I'm not obnoxious about it and I do not know how to speak Japanese (I want to learn though!) and I won't be anal about different Japanese things. I love anime and manga. I always have loved it. I was fortunate to have it in my life almost my whole almost 33 years I've been alive. I grew up in the 90s and I was exposed to anime on YTV from a young age. YTV is a channel in Canada that used to have the greatest shows growing up. They still have some good shows on but it's not as good as it used to be.

In the 90s, I grew up on Pokemon, Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z. I wasn't really supposed to watch anime because I might re-enact fight scenes as an impressionable and aggressive autistic child. Still, I did get to see some of it. The 90s was a great time to be a kid and also a great time for English dubs of anime even if they were from 4Kids, who butchered many dubs but they also were very entertaining none the less.

I still love Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and Dragonball Z. I am reading the mangas for Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z and was reading Dragonball as well. Dragonball manga also has the Dragonball Z storyline in it too. In the 2000s, there were many other good anime and manga series I got introduced to. Inuyasha, Escaflowne, Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny. Tokyo Mew Mew and many others.

There are soooo many anime and manga series I want to watch and read that I haven't done so yet for. Anime and manga brings me much joy and I often read it from the library. I have around 190 volumes of manga in my own personal collection too!

curlyalicia

Comments

Popular Posts