Decluttering part 1 an excerpt from my fb writer's page

 Hey all! 

On my writer's page on FB, I wrote this post. I'm hoping to make it part of a series or a domestic goddess thing I am trying to do in my life!


I'm not a minimalist by any means. I love things and stuff. But I love watching videos about minimalism and intentional living. I love watching videos about decluttering too. It is important to not just declutter physical things, but digital things as well. I am not telling you to delete a lot of stuff, but once in a while, go thru your email and delete things like grocery flyers or online shopping newsletters you already looked at and are no longer the current promotion.
Unsubscribe from newsletters that no longer serve any purpose in your life. If you shop there, that's fine, but if it's something like a good housekeeping newsletter that just goes to the to trash folder without even opening it, then do it! (I used to subscribe to their newsletters but they were cluttering my inbox. Old Navy emails me 3 times a day which is clutter but I actually do order from them every few months and do go in person so I do actually look at their sales promo emails!)
Apps on a phone or photos on your phone can also go. Now there are some apps I don't use a whole lot at least not now but they are beneficial. I haven't been on instagram a whole lot but I do enjoy it, so that stays. I haven't used tiktok much since downloading it a few weeks ago, but I fully intend to watch tik toks and perhaps make my own (guinea pig ones probably). I had a few hidden objects style games (like an i spy puzzle game) that I was intending to play but I admitted to myself that i hadn't played them once since I got my new phone last aug! I used to play the ones I had downloaded, on fb, but in reality, my fave mobile games, esp. when they are puzzle ones, are match 3. Match 3 are very satisfying to me.
Pics on phones. Be careful because you shouldn't get rid of anything that's sentimental, like, for example, a pic of a pet, esp. a pet that has passed away. But, there are some photos that can go, such as pics that had a specific context that they were taken for at the time, but the photo is no longer needed. I don't have specific examples of this, at least not one that is specifically one that's mine, but say you needed to take a pic of a receipt, not for return purposes, but for, say, a cashback site. If the receipt has already had added your cash back points, and esp if it was months ago, you don't need that pic anymore! Esp. if it was for an item that you already consumed!

Comments

Popular Posts