update may 20, 2021

 Hey all!

I got my dose one of moderna yesterday! I'm doing great! I'm just tired and my arm hurts where they gave me the vaccine. It was my first time in a store in a month. (got it done at a pharmacy). I got my vitamins while I was there also.

The lockdown is going to be extended for at least 2 more weeks. I miss work and I miss pre lockdown life.

I finished a book today. Only 40 more books to read this year to reach my goal! (I pledged 50 books for my challenge this year. Most years I pledge 50 but never reach it).

I haven't been writing a lot of poetry since the pandemic began last year. I hope to change this! I want to post some poetry at some point, new stuff of course!

The roof repairs continue. They are very loud and they start pounding and thudding around at 7 30am in the morning!

I made pasta the other day. I live alone and I always make the mistake of making too much in advance. I'm going to have some for lunch when I get around to having lunch.

I'm on twitter even more these days since being in lockdown. I used to tweet on my first account but for the last few years, I've made a new account. I recently hit over 500 followers. I don't always tweet successful original tweets but my retweets usually gain traction. I'm not used to making retweets with my own comments but I think I'll be more successful in making original content if I do quote tweets.

I've recently discovered Thomas twitter, as in, Thomas the Tank engine. I'm following a lot of people right now with thomas twitter, autistic twitter and even my new thing of following crystal makers, artists and jewelry makers. 

I'm going to try and watch more tv shows and movies while in lockdown. I'm also going to draw more and do adult colouring books more. There is something about art and crafts that is so therapeutic. Years ago, I bought a Harry Potter adult colouring book half price and I sometimes work on it. My mom bought me a Christmas one so I'll do that one too. I know it isn't Christmas but it doesn't hurt to colour a Christmas book.

 I sometimes go on reddit and read posts. I'm not someone who really takes part by posting on there. There is something about reddit and online message boards that is off-putting. I know that's hypocritical because I tweet on an openly public twitter account (not locked or private) but reddit has a habit of being toxic at times (most things can be!) I love reading it though. I have a reddit account so I can read things. I read my city's local page, and I have joined a Konmari page and a decluttering page.

Sometime, I am going to buy the new Pokemon snap. The first one, for the n64, was very popular, and they never made a sequel until now. I played the first one a tiny bit at a neighbour's, where I used to be friends with their kid. A lot of my love of video games and my exposure to them comes from my former friendship with the neighbours kid. As we grew older and the kid changed into a different person from when we were kids, I stopped going over.  This neighbour's kid, although we are no longer friends, and are now adults, was the reason I discovered simpsons road rage. I have it for the gamecube, which I got in good condition on amazon from my aunt as a gift that I asked for, for an occasion, back when gamecube games were still affordable online. I'm not sure if the kid next door owned it or if they rented it from a local place (I think if I remember correctly, they rented it because I remember where he rented it from), but I think they rented the PS2 version. It's a simple game and I know people like Simpsons hit n run better (which I don't care for that game much), but I love simpsons hit n run.

I was not expecting this to become an update that is very heavily about video games! That's ok though! I'm not very good at Mario or Zelda games, esp. if the Zelda game is in cgi graphics (I do ok at 2-d gamecube graphic ones). I want breath of the wild but knowing my history with trying to play ocarina of time as a kid and even as a teen and adult trying to play oracle of seasons, and failing to play a link to the past (gba version) I might not be able to beat it. One thing I hate about some video games is when you have to use stealth to try to sneak into places and if guards catch you you lose. Ocarina of time is notorious for this (i never did sneak into the castle).

The mario games I do best with are mario tennis games because it's not me trying to do anything hard like in main mario games. I've never beaten a main mario game.

There are so many things I could say about video games but I want to make a series of posts on video games, kind of like my animal crossing/video games and mental health posts, although those are more of single posts and not a whole series.


Anyways, I will do more posts soon, at least I hope!

Comments

Popular Posts